Sunday, September 7, 2014

Lily & Sam Q&A with Total Film UK (October Issue)

imagebam.com

Transcript

When did the two of you first meet?
Lily Collins: Christian [Ditter, director] got us together in Soho over a year ago and he had us sit in a room and stare at each other. It was quite strange.
Sam Claflin: It was really intense. For a first meeting with somebody it was really strange.
LC: Very jarring.
SC: We sat so close to each other.
LC: But it was so awesome because right away we had this shared intense experience. We’d already invaded each other’s personal space, so things could not get…
SC: …any weirder. It was the most intense chemistry read I’ve ever had.

How much did you both relate to your characters in Love, Rosie?
SC: I think I am Alex.
LC: I think I am Rosie!
SC: It’s so insane. I doubt I’ll ever play somebody so close to me. I didn’t know where I was ending and Alex was starting.
LC: I never felt like I was playing anything, it was just happening.

What was the most awkward moment during filming?
LC: Oh God, check out the scene where the condom gets lost. Or the mirror scene. That was in the smallest bathroom in history with five men and myself crouching over a mirror. That was on the second week of filming. That was pretty awkward.
SC: Yeah!
LC: I will say though, I fought to keep that in.
SC: Really?
LC: I just thought it was such a funny, awkward moment… The more awkward the better.

How did you find working with the babies?
SC: I had one day and it was a nightmare.
LC: The baby didn’t like you at all! Oh my God, the second she came in …
SC: I love kids, so I was like, ‘I’m gonna go say hello.’
LC: …she started bawling her eyes out!
SC: Every time I walked into a room, the baby would start screaming!

What have you got coming up next?
LC: I can’t speak much about it just because it’s a very lock and key situation, but I did just finish shooting with Warren Beatty. It’s 1950s Hollywood, sexual repression… It was incredible; an amazing cast of people that I respect, an older generation of actors. Some of them only work on specific types of film and I learned more in the last five months than I could’ve in film school.
SC: What can I say about The Riot Club? I remember texting Lily a picture…
LC: You were bloody and disgusting!
SC: I had hair extensions in, covered in blood. I was like ‘Hey! This is me!’ I’ve seen the film recently and it’s very, very dark. My wife and my publicist, who have seen The Riot Club, hated me, and then they watched Love, Rosie the day after and were like, ‘We love you!’
LC: That’s so great, though.
SC: So to have this, then Riot Club and then Hunger Games: Mockingjay, it’s a busy time.
LC: Yeah, he’s not popular at all…

Via

No comments:

Post a Comment